Today was a pretty busy day to say the least. Jake and I usually go to Supercross every year with friends but this year was different. In October Jake went back to outside construction and started to work for a new company, little did we know that they own their own racing team and race motocross. The owner called us and asked if we wanted to go and of course we both were excited. Before we went to Anaheim we had to get the kids all arranged and they were able to spend a day with my inlaws. In the morning the kids got to go to Home Depot to build bird houses. I was able to hangout with them before Jake and I left. Clayton did not want to build a house and baby Jake was to young so I took the two boys around the store. I was trying to teach Clayton and baby Jake to say things like "Aunt Fran wants a smoker Uncle Jake," or " Aunt Fran wants a new front door Uncle Jake." After practicing that for a bit Clayton told me "I got this." haha
On our way to Anaheim Jake and I were able to spend time talking about all sorts of stuff..friends, work, kids etc. It was really good to hear his opinion on things without interruptions. When we got to the stadium we were able to watch the qualifiers and then go hang in the pit party section where I got to meet a lot of the company wives and eat. I really really love mom and pop shops because it feels like a family. The bosses son Dakota didn't make it to the main event but is was really great watching him race and ACTUALLY know someone personally riding.
It was freezing cold and Jake and I left right after the last lap of the main event. We couldn't get to our car faster! Looks like we will be going to the next race but this time the kids probably will go too. It was funny because one of the wives asked where our kids were and we told them they stayed home, Jake thought the owner was just being nice offering more tickets for the kids. The wife I was talking to say that they love having the kids there.




2 comments:
You look so gorgeous and you totally deserved a day where you two could talk freely - imagine that!!!
Well be at Anaheim 2! Can't wait!
Post a Comment