Friday, August 14, 2015

Back to school

The summer was a blast with the kids, there were times where the kids fought but we kept pretty busy. Everyday during the summer we slept in and went with the flow. Waking them up yesterday didn't go too bad. We had laid out their outfits, made their lunches, took showers and received a fathers blessing.
I thought I would be more excited about them going back but I'm really torn. For the last 2 years I have been in school. There was no time ever and I was NEVER bored. Now  clean the house and Im studying for the NCLEX next week but there is a void. Baby Jake has been handling it well. As I type I can hear him in the other room playing with a fake snake and his cars making hissing noises and preventing he is fighting the snake and his truck. Kinda amusing!
When I took the kids into school Jessica asked me who was going to pick them up. I think they got use to the fact that there was someone other than mom who got them from school due to me being in nursing school. It felt good to say "I am!"
Talia was not thrilled to go to school, she misses her friends and I can't say I don't blame her. After Kindergarten she was separated form the kids she knows and likes to be around. When I stood with her at her classroom she just held on to me and had a sad face. I'm grateful for sunglasses because I started to cry. As I looked around to see people in her class it was majority boys and of course the boy who she told to "F off" in Kindergarten. Wonderful! Today my friend Amy even emailed me today to tell me that Talia looked sad standing in line so her and her daughter went over to say hi. I pray there is a reason this is going on and Talia will overcome this, I know I will be involved and make sure I help her with this. I was happy to hear Andi played with Talia. She told me all about it when she got home and it makes me happy that I have good friends that have good kids who care in our lives.
K and Jess love their teachers and had no complaints. They have friends in their classes and came home with positive reports.

1 comment:

Belle n Kent said...

i LOVE the shot of you with your girls!!! Totally priceless! You are SO good at capturing the moments big and small!