My uncle Ricky was always my favorite uncle growing up. He was the big kid that we had fun with. So when he comes to town I make sure I bring the kids and we go do something fun with him. I love watching my kids with him because it brings back great memories from when I was a kid. His son Alex is just like him, the kids had a blast with him too. I was so happy to hear they were coming into town, I haven't seen them in years and it was great. My aunt Ruth has ALS and it was hard to see her like that. Her speech was difficult to understand but she has a great attitude and is so positive. I wanted to cry several times but it wasn't the right time. You know growing up these were the people I look up too and in my mind I am still that kid looking up to them. You don't want people to get old or sick, I want that young memory to last forever.
We went to IFly and to the beach while they were here and caught up memories. I didn't want our time to end and not going to lie I balled like a baby when they had to leave. I can't wait for our next visit and hopefully it is sooner this time.










No comments:
Post a Comment