Monday, September 29, 2008

My daughter

I have been trying to doing homework lately and this morning the girls wanted to watch Goonies so I took advantage of it and popped the movie in and sat at the table and study. Well Jessica walks up to me after a while and says "mommy can I build a house out of the pillows"? I say sure. After a while of stupid math problems I walk in the other room and Jessica says "mommy you like my house, I couldn't build a temple cuz I didn't have enough pillows so I built a house what do you think"? I thought it was so funny.



Yesterday in church we had a lesson on paying attention to the moment and to take some time to enjoy. I really liked the lesson and it has made me more aware of how I am so busy and fail to take the time I should with my kids.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was surprised to see that she didn't bury her younger sister in the pillows. Anyways we miss you guys tons... hope all is going well with school. You can tell jake something for me, tell him Rachel says, "For the Love."

Laura said...

ah! i miss those kids! i hope you're doing well with school!

Beach Mommy said...

I feel you with not taking enough time for them...I need to be better.