Monday, November 30, 2009

Not a fun day for Jessica

Today I picked up Jessica from school and her teacher told me that Jessica had been complaining about her "new cavity". Our friends that were visiting pointed out the spot and it was one of the tooths that was filled about 8 months ago. It looked horrible! So I called around to find someone to get her in ASAP. Thanks to good friends I was able to call a couple of places and I got her in to Adventure Dental. Now this dentist office is AWESOME. They had video games in the waiting room tv's that hang above you so you can watch a movie and the dentist can work on your teeth. Yeah, I need to tell my dentist to upgrade, all I see when I get dental work is up his nose.

So after a fun time in the waiting room with Kaelyn and Natalia (being sarcastic here) the dentist tells me that we should pull the tooth and put a spacer in. The first thing I thought was oh great Jessica is gonna freak out then I thought how much is this going to cost me. The dentist did the procedure with laughing gas and some knubing stuff and she did excellent. When I came back in the room she was crying a little and I asked her what was wrong she said "the kids at school are going to make fun of me". I asked her why and she said "because I have no tooth". Just so you know this is one in the back of her mouth.

After all the fuss she was telling everyone that came over to visit tonight about her missing tooth

This is the end result. She is never getting candy again....She is my little Miss Willy Wonka~

1 comment:

S.Shepherd said...

That really sucks! What an experience to have to go through so young.