So many thoughts went thru my mind like, what his wife must be feeling and how his boys will not know how great Todd was. I just cried and put myself in that situation and I knew I would be a mess. At the wake Todd's wife got up and I have to say she was very calm and kept saying how she will see him again one day, she was so strong. I told Jake that I probally would be a mess and you would have to highly medicate me.
Todd always had a smile on his face, he told the best stories that would either make you go "really Todd" or you would have tears streaming down your face from how funny it was. I always tease Jake because before Jake and I were dating Todd set Jake up on a blind date and I guess the girl was underage, Todd thought it was funny but Jake didn't hahaha (Todd didn't know her age), At the wake many got up to share their stories and it always ended up with Todd playing with electricity or him setting people up on blind dates. When I was investigating the church Todd came to FHE at the bishops house and he knew I was uncomfortable and out of my element so his way of making me feel comfortable was to make himself look like a fool. I have to say it worked! :) Jake and I wished that we would have seen him more but life gets busy and years go by so fast.
He had a great heart and cared about others very much and I know he loved his family very much. I will cherish my memories of him and know that he is with Heavenly Father making him laugh as he did with so many of us.
2 comments:
Oh man...That is so hard. Very Sad.
Oh, fran, that is so sad! I'm so sorry to hear that your friend has passed away. Comforting to know you'll be able to see him again someday! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.
Post a Comment