Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trying to stay on track

I'm so tired lately! I thought the kids back in school would be a breath of fresh air but it's been alot harder. I've been running around ragged and I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Jake has been working like crazy so I don't see much of him and the weather SUCKS!

On Sunday as we were getting ready for church Talia was sitting on the floor and she looked up at me and said "Uh Oh mommy," she had peed her pants. Lately she has been HORRIBLE with peeing the toilet and Jake and I thought it was lazyness. Boy we were wrong! I finally had enough and took her to the Urgent Care, all the way there Talia was balling because she associates the doctor with shots. When we got there she calmed down and the doctor tested her urine and sure enough UTI. I have had her on the antibiotics for the last 3 days and she has been excellent, no wet undies :)

Today I recieved Jessica's homework packet from her teacher with a note that says she is behind in school. WHAT! I was like, you have only seen her for what four days. I called the teacher and spoke with her regarding this and she said that Jessica was not focused in class. So like any concerned mom I asked her what I could do to help or what can we change with her in class. The teacher responds "I have 29 students in class, I cannot focus only on Jessica." Oh snap did she just say that to me. That is when pist off mom came out and got stern. I told her that I was not going to let my child fail because there are too many students in her class and with that her attitude changed and then proceeds to tell me that she has only been in class 4 days and it's best we give it time...WHAT THE HELL LADY! If she has only seen Jessica 4 times she needs to get a clue herself. With that I wish I was rich to put her in private school, I wish I could volunteer more, I wish there was two of me and more hours in the day.

I feel like a ton of bricks are on my back and I'm trying to stay afloat. Most would say you should just not do school but sorry that is my time to get out of the house. I think it's only fair!

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

OK, now I'm wondering if I should get Andi checked for a UTI. I mean seriously, I don't get this!! Sorry, tough week for sure! I so hope it passes.

Rachel said...

I am sorry that you are stressed out but Jessica's teacher does not sound like the brightest star. That always makes it harder. I hope it gets better. LOVE YOU GUYS!