Friday, December 7, 2012

Going home :(

I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to come home and neither did the kids. In the morning we had brunch with the family and then headed to the airport. It was hard, when my cousin Franca hugged me I started to cry, then when my cousin Lorenzo came to the hotel his hug was hard as well. I think to him we are the closest thing to his father and it's hard. I met a lot of great people and was part of a wonderful event. I was able to make great memories with so many and show my kids so much.
When we were on the run way and started for take off I balled, even writing this is hard, I miss Chicago and the people there. I didn't want to come home! My father always talks about family but I don't feel that in California I have much of it lately. My definition of family is different from others.
Oh well, I do have to say that the plane ride was perfect, the kids were great. Baby Jake slept, the girls colored or listened to music. I played the list of todo's when I get home in my head. Jake and I were snickering at each other because my mom and dad sat in-front of us and due to the kids being so great, it made us proud parents.
When we arrived Joe was there to pick us up, he is always great to see and when we got home our house was TP'ed and decorated with lights. It was a nice welcome home for sure.

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I hope one day soon your "family" give you the love you deserve!