Monday, April 11, 2016

2016 Mudrun




2016 Mudrun! A while back a good friend of mine told me about this and the kids liked it so when I saw that they were doing it again I signed them up. We tye dyed shirts a couple of days ago to get ready for this and found our old sneakers and they tackled it head on. Since they were not timing it this year, I had the girls stick together. When the announcer blew the horn I saw the girls take off. Baby jake and waited at the finish line. Kaelyn was the first one to see and she was hauling it.
When the girls all finished I asked them to tell me about it. I would hear them say that is was fun but my favorite story was when I asked why Kaelyn was ahead of them all and didn't stick together. Jessica went on to tell me that when the announcer blew the horn Talia got to the post of the stand (maybe 20 feet) and said that she was tired and couldn't breathe so Jess told Kaelyn to go ahead of them. Then as Jess and Talia got to the obstacles Talia kept telling Jess "Lets go around it!" Until they got to an obstacle where "the police" where standing so Talia did it. Oh man, I love being a mom to these kids. P.S Baby Jake cried the whole time because he changed his mind and wanted to do the race. fun times!

No comments: