I have been waiting to get this new badge for a while, it's like the final step that seals the deal. I'm an RN! Today the hospital had a brunch for us, our directors were able to say a few words for us and I tried to hold back the tears. People don't understand what it was like to become an RN for me. I did sleep much, I studied a lot, missed out on so many outings, lost friends and cried a lot. Was it worth it? YES, YES, YES. I'm learning so much, I'm teaching my kids that hard work pays off. I've been able to cry with families, laugh with them and and save lives.
My friend that I made on my unit, Kristian, taught me a lot. I was scared to talk to a MD by the name of Dr. Patel. He is a MD that knows his stuff and he expects you to know yours. So when I had to communicate with this MD I was nervous because he has made nurses cry. Kristian, John and Mark knew I was nervous and they told me, "Go get a diet coke from the fridge and give it to Patel and introduce yourself." I did what they told me, when I was doing that, the guys stood there like my bodyguards and watched to make sure I didn't fall on my rear. I will never forget that act of kindness and will pay that forward in life.



No comments:
Post a Comment