Monday, August 11, 2008

What do you think?



I have not told a lot of people but I have decided to go back to school and become an RN. I have wanted to do this for a while and have put it off because my husband was going thru his apprenticeship and it was not a good idea for both of us to be in school at the same time. So I figured he is the bread winner and I support his decisions. Now that he is not in the apprenticeship I have the opportunity to go thru with my schooling. I am very excited and many think that I am crazy for it but I have a strong feeling that I need to do this. I am not sure what route to take right now,,,,I am debating on the COC program or going thru Concord College. I am going tomorrow to look at the campus and meet with a counselor to see what they have to offer me. It will be hard but this is for my family as well as myself. I am going to try and work around my girls and do night classes 2 times a week and labs on weekends, I'm trying to draw out a plan and make the best decision.

If any of you have any good advice let me know....

3 comments:

H.Sons said...

OH man.. Yeah so I think I am on the 15 year plan. seriously! I have been taking classes here and there. I was going to do the LVN to RN program years ago but then they came out with that you had to still have all your pre-reqs. So it is actually cheaper to do all the pre-reqs and then nursing school. Too bad we didn't live closer to eachother, we could do this together. Let me know what you decide.

cory and laurel evans said...

Way to go on going back to school. It is hard but worth it. It took me seven years to graduate but I am so glad did. Good luck!

Beach Mommy said...

you're awesome. I've talked to Pat about becoming an RN once all kids are in school. Go for it!! If you need someone to take the girls on occasion...please call me! When the kids are all together, it seems easier since they play and entertain themselves for the mostpart.