Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting good advice

Since many know, my grandmother past away and I have had such great support from many friends and family. Tonight I went over to my inlaws and talked with Cindy and get some advice from her. Her mother past away and I wanted to know what to do for my mother. She of course had a great idea. She told me that she wanted to know what other people's memories where of her mother. I loved the idea so I email my aunt who is a writer to see where to start.

My uncle at the funeral gave such a great talk about my Babcia. He told a story about how my Babcia had nicknames for all the kids. For example my mom's name is Diane, now my Babcia would call here Donna or Danusha. He went on to say that when they went to get the flowers for the funeral they where giving their nicknames to put on the flowers and as he gave them the names he realized that my aunt Lisa did not have one she was just Lisa. My uncle then said that my grandmother named her Lisa after Lisa Marie Presley (my babcia is a Elvis fan).

I know so many have great stories about here so I am hoping to get some and put a book together for her kids.....wish me luck