Friday, April 17, 2009

Money!


Today I was determinded to get things done that I have procrastinating on. One of my todo's was to open an account at the bank up for Natalia and deposit all the kids money that they get from my parents. So I took ALL 3 of them to the bank and proceeded to do this....STRESSFUL but accomplished. It took a while to convince Jessica that she will get her money back when she is older and that the lady was not going to keep it forever....Then she wanted to negotiate with me on if she can keep a little bit of it to buy candy. haha...My parents would always tell me to "Save your money" (imagine those words from my italian father and his accent) I love my parents for showing me the value of the dollar, I can be a stickler with money but hey I would not be where I am today if I didn't save and work hard. Jake and I want to teach our girls young to save there money.


So after all the negotiation and promising Jessica that the money will be hers one day we handed the lady the money and went on our way.


Jessica was able to fill out her own deposit slip and she wrote her name like this:


JE$$ICA

Here is a picture of her and her deposit slip....

2 comments:

The Ball Family said...

I have been meaning to do the same thing! Haley is the only one with an account! Maybe this will modivate me to finally open an account for the rest of my kids.

Sherilyn said...

I remember you as being a girl who was smart with her money and I admire that. I remember when you were dragging your feet to buy a house because you thought the prices were too much! Most people just jump in too soon and learn hard lessons. You go girl. I am sure your girls will be smart like you.