Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thunder

Today while the kids and I were sitting in the parking lot waiting for school to start it started to rain and then we would hear the loud thunder. The kids eyes got big and Talia kept saying "Scawee mommie" and that comment caused a chain of "I'm scared" coming from the girls mouths. A story my mom came to mind of when I was a little kid and living in Chicago we would hear the thunder all the time. My mom use to tell us that my babcia was in heaven bowling and that every time you would hear the loud crash of the thunder it was her getting a strike. It helped us get over the fear and I don't think I ever was scared of thunder after that story. My mom use to sit us on the outside step of our back door and we would listen for the thunder and cheer because our grandmother was winning :)

After I told the girls the story they seemed more excited to hear the noise and I even got Talia to cheer.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Precious!

Rachel said...

We loved the scarecrow you guys made! Too bad you didn't win!