Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lake house for the 4th

Since our plans for Lake Mead fell thru Jake and I wanted to have a good weekend regardless of having to cancel our trip with our friends. We decided to join my parents at their lake house for the weekend. It was so nice up there, I had forgotten how much I love it there. We got to go on the boat a couple of times and just hang out and relax. My parents cooked amazing dinners for us and the kids got to run around and play till there heart was content. We even watched the fireworks from the deck eating snacks and chit chatting. It was really nice to spend time with my famiy.
My mom and Talia cooling off in the water. Talia kept flopping back and giggling.

Talia was able to drive us around the lake, she did a great job and did not speed much. I told Jake that I needed Chocolate and this is what he came back with. Gotta love his sense of humor.

We found an organic all natural slushy place in town and to our surprise it was really good.

I think Kaelyn was trying to get a tan or she was bored waiting to head out to the lake.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

We missed you guys but it looks like you had a fabulous weekend afterall. I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Beach Mommy said...

That's awesome!! I love lake trips. Lakes or beaches - the perfect getaway with kids!