

I was just riding home from my parents house and I started to think about the past and the memories just came rushing in. Since Jessica will be baptized soon I started to think about my baptismal day (2-2-02), I remember getting the missionary lessons from Elder Gray and Elder Armstrong and it felt right. I think the CC2 ward, Bishop Snow and Jake's family had a really good influence on me and I felt happy. When I got home I found my journal that I kept and read some of the things that I was going through at the time and the people I wrote about. It is so crazy to me how much people and life has changed since then. Since my baptism I feel I'm not as strong as I once was, life has changed, the influences I had are no longer the same and with kids it's a different ball park. I'm grateful for Jake and his push to continue to do what is right and my children who have the passion to go to church and have a happy heart about it.
I also found the talk that Jake gave about the Holy Ghost and I started to cry. I think I forget a lot about what I've learned and need that reminder every once in a while.
My favorite scripture Helaman 5:12!
2 comments:
Girl life is hard. Even though being baptized since I was little I find myself lost and not as strong as I once was. Life is hard but know that we are here for you guys and we love you tons! We are glad you joined the Milhoan family! P.S. Totally took Jake's example and are teaching the Articles of Faith to Brielle, it's going awesome!
We all need reminders especially when, as a mother of four, you rarely have time for yourself. For your own thoughts; for a moment to feed your testimony. The fact is, you are strong, your testimony is there, and your kids see it. Love ya girl! Time Out For Women will be amazing.
Post a Comment