Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy 4th

4th of July was spent in the SCV this year, we had plans to go see one of our closest friends the Balls but due to getting the boat together we stayed in town. My friends were running a 5k on the 4th and thank goodness for their motivation and the last minute registration I was able to run with them. The night before we tie dyed shirts in the red white and blue color to be "patriotic"and it was a great night. Fun just being goofy and laughing was a much needed medicine due to all the crazy weeks of entertaining the kids. I was a bit nervous when we showed up at the race, I felt like it was the first day of school and I didn't know what to expect. When we were instructed to go I was like "Oh crap, what did I get myself into?" I felt so intimidated by people watching and there were plenty of times I wanted to walk but I kept going and didn't stop. My time was 30min 33sec! I was shocked, I was not training for this and I was proud. Proud I did it and proud of my friends and their accomplishments as well.

After the race Jake's phone rang and two seconds later my phone was going off. that only means ARCO is calling for a call out. Jake was working on the boat in the morning and of course was not done and had to leave. It was me and the kiddos, what to do so I don't go crazy? We go to grandmas for dinner, face painting and treat making. After we headed to Todd Longshore park to meet our friends for fireworks. It was fun till baby Jake decided to run around like a crazy man and it made me nervous with the amount of people around so we headed to the car and with Jakie in the carseat the girls and I watched the rest of the fireworks in the parking lot.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

You're seriously an amazing mom. AMAZING. You do more than many!!

Unknown said...

Love the picture with the flag. You have some cute kidlets.