Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lake Mead 2012

Lake Mead has been a much needed vacation! I think both Jake and I needed to get away from everything at this point and have some fun. We ventured out on Tuesday morning after Jakes interview (which was a total bust, hate you Edison) and I think we were going 70mph on the freeway just to get there. Once at Mead we met up with the Evans, Barron and Anderson family. I love that all of our kids get along and it's just easy. I got a call on the way up that Gage got hand foot and mouth so we came prepared with Tylenol in hand, that was not going to stop us from having fun. haha (can you tell we were desperate to get away). Anyways we did a ton of skiing, laughing, EATING and just making memories. The girls got to go to the strip and have an awesome buffet at the Cosmopolitan and do a bit of shopping. Of course Jake and Cory got to go to the MAN MALL (Bass Pro Shop), Laurel and I were totally cracking up at watching them look at guns, we were mimicking them about how they say we don't need purses and we have enough but then need guns that they can't even use on a daily basis. Haha!
Jess and Kaelyn water skied and even Jake and I did a bit of wake boarding, it was the first time for me, I loved it. The day before we left I banged my head saving baby jake from flipping out of the boat, of course he had a life jacket but I still panicked and jumped over the boat without my life jacket on and was holding him above water and I lost train of thought and went to pop out of the water and hit my head on Cory's boat. I look like a freaking unicorn! lol Anyways, I'm grateful that we were introduced to this lake and I'm glad that we have good friends to share memories with.

2 comments:

mlauricella said...

You gals are so fun. Glad you got the much needed vacay!

RachelAA said...

Fran you look hot in that picture with you, Jake and Talia. Hello! And that picture of Jake and Gunner swinging up the baby - love it. Such an amazing family you have!