Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Give blood

A while back I saw on Facebook that one of my high school friends son was going to have surgery.  His son has craniosynostosis and will need corrective surgery, the baby is only 5 months old. The family put up a post to get blood donations and I got the strong feeling that I needed to go. The only thing that was holding us back was that I had the 4 kids and no sitter so I could go. I asked my mother inlaw if she wanted to go and she as always was willing to come with me. Explaining to the kids on the way there didn't go well, they heard blood and needle and they assumed they were getting a shot. When I pulled up my friend Ricky was there and I will never forget his face, he was shocked that I came. I truely feel that if you can give to others you should and I know if I was in this situation that people would go out of their way for me. You don't have to see people on a daily basis to be a friend, years can go by and I will always make an effort if I have the means to do it. I hope that whom ever gets my donation will save a life for their child.

No comments: