Monday, March 24, 2014

Church

The other day I was asked to teach in primary and I was hesitant but I said yes. Not that I don't love the kids or anything but its because my life right now is really busy and I cannot add anymore to my plate than I have. I sat back and said to my self "you need to do this." Then Sunday morning I was at a study session before church and I get a phone call saying "Fran, I know you're studying. Sorry to bug you but I was wondering if you could take my class with the other class you're teaching today?" haha I said yes! I know people have stuff to do and I put myself in other shoes. I was going to show a movie so I figured that it would not be a problem. I finished my study group session and headed home to a hubby that was leaving to work, kids not dressed, and now a dog. My anxiety kicked in and tried not to cry. When I got to church the kids were fighting like crazy of a dumb pencil, and not listening. Everything was working against me. Vicki saw that I was not myself and started talking to me, she knows what I'm going thru and just kept saying she understood. My attitude at church was not good!
When I got to the first half of class I  was ready for the set mind that the kids were going to be crazy so it is what it is. I said a little prayer in my head that I can be guided to do the best and work with the kids. The kids were amazing and sat nicely thru singing time. When we went to class I had stuff for them to work on and put a movie on. I told the kids if they were good I had candy to give out for the children who payed attention and could tell me what was going on in the movie. They did great! Jackson hooked his friends up with a play by play of what was going on so everyone could get candy.

Im not going to lie, its hard when Jake is not there but Im glad I was able to help out some sisters with their classes. One more week and I get a break for a week, I need that mental break and I want to just spend time with my kids!!!!

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

The Lord knows that was truly sacrifice for ya, sista! You did it and I am in awe of you.