Friday, August 8, 2014
Parents on vacation
Growing up we didn't have much money, my dad worked a lot and we saved every dime we had. My dad would not even go and buy himself a drink from the store when it was a hot day, instead he would get a hose and drink out of that. My mom stayed home with the kids till Diana was 4 then started to work when we were in school and home when we got off. I don't remember ever being babysat so they could go on a date night, actually they never went on date nights. They were always with us the kids. Just in the last year they started going on vacations and I am happy for them, they never did for themselves when we were growing up. They gave us what they could while trying to be fair (still think Lorenzo was the golden child). haha I'm grateful for my parents they did well raising us, I know I wasn't the easiest child to have but all turned out well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Taught you valuable life lessons for sure! How great they're not able to stop and take time for themselves a bit.
Post a Comment