Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jessica's first day of Kindergarten

Yes, this was the day I was dreading....Jessica is a Kindergartener...How did the time fly, I swear it was just yesterday that I was at the doctor's office trying to get Jake to believe me when I told him I was really pregnant and that I was not joking....


Jessica the night before wanted to help me make her lunch. She wanted ham and mustard sandwiched cut into the shape of a pumpkin...Thank goodness for Halloween cookie cutter's...
In the morning her daddy made her waffles and she was all smiles, but because we were out of syrup Jake used honey...let's just say you can't fool Jessica, she didn't eat it. On a good note Kaelyn did. The traffic by the school was crazy and I was looking around for the kids that were crying while holding their mom's leg. The good thing was I only saw one kid doing that, I didn't want Jessica to get freaked out and be like, where is my mom leaving me!

When we got there here teacher Mrs. Evans waved at us and said that Jessica needed her name tag on and to sign in. Jessica was still a little unsure but she kept a smile on her face. A volunteer took our family picture and then it was time to have Jessica go to class.

As I walked her to the door Mrs. Evans said "Don't cry" it made me laugh then I kissed Jessica and she went in. I turned to Jake and I started to cry.......I'm so proud of my little girl
When I went to pick her up she gave me a great big hug and said "Mommy, I didn't say any bad words and I ate all my food except the fruit cup daddy put in my lunch". She told me she had a great time and all I kept hearing about was Mrs. Evans...

1 comment:

christa elyce said...

awww! winter is going to be going to pre k soon! gosh! i would have cried hard! thats so wonderful!