Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Play

Yesterday I went with my mother inlaw and my girls to a presentation at church. I was so impressed and glad I went. There were so many times I had to hold back tears. I would of loved to have gone and seen it again. Grandpa Russ was actually in the play and did a great job, although he was not happy about the makeup he had to wear (jake and him are so alike). The man that played Jesus was AMAZING, after the play was over Jessica goes "mommy it's Jesus" she had a huge smile so I told her to go get his autograph.....she was to shy but that would of been awesome if she actually got it. Even when I think of the play now I get tears in my eyes. When I go to my old ward I feel the spirit so strong there, and I truly miss that feeling. The people in CC2 have no idea how much they have changed my life and I hold that dear to my heart. If you look to the left you can see Russ.

This is where Jesus it talking to the people, this picture does not do justice to how wonderful the feeling I got when watching. Pilate then ordered his soldiers to scourge Jesus, no doubt hoping that this would be enough to satisfy the people. But the priests cried for His death all the more, and, fearing that the political charge of treason might be considered insufficient, returned to their first accusation of blasphemy. They quoted the law of Moses (Lev 24:16), which punished blasphemy with stoning, declared that He must die, "because He made Himself out to be the Son of God" (John 19:7). .
They really love their grandpa and I'm grateful that he shows so much love for them.

1 comment:

Brandon Neal said...

Fran, your pics of the play are awesome! Your getting good at taking pictures! I am glad to see the girls cuddling up w/ grandpa!