Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jessica's baptism

Today was Jessica's baptism and I was nervous about how it would go, I was worried about the food, people coming and getting everything I needed. The one thing I forgot to do was ask Jessica how she was, it wasn't till later in the day she was a little quiet and I asked her how she was doing. She told me she was nervous and that she thinks dad is going to push her all the way to the floor in the font. I talked to her about it and I practiced a few times with her on how it would go. She is just like me and doesn't like center of attention at all. When the Rachel and Mindy gave their talks she was getting shy with them just looking at her but that is how I am too. The talks were perfect and even better my good friend Rachel was one of the speakers, just grateful for her friendship. I'm very grateful for all that showed up today to support her in her decision to be baptized. To those who didn't show up that were on my side of the family, I am EXTREMELY disappointed and will never forget that you were not there...I call it selfish and shame on you!!!!
Anyways I got to talk with Jessica and it was hard because I had so much to say to her and I just gave up till I found a poem that fit the event and with that I said a few words and meant every word. My daughter is amazing and I am so proud of her and how she is a beautiful young lady. After the baptism I had food at the house and it was perfect, good food and company is always fun for me. So happy all turned out well!

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

All was beautiful and your comments were precious. Jess truly is amazing; such a beautiful spirit and I just love being around her. Congrats to you all on a wonderful occasion.

Rachel said...

Jessica we love you so much and are so happy for you and your decision to get baptized! You and your dad look awesome in all white. Congrats Fran on such an awesome girl, by the way tell her to stop growing up so fast. Before you know it, Drivers License! Good Luck!