Friday, August 31, 2012

Ventura Country fair

This year at the Ventura County Fair Martina McBride performed and it was AMAZING. On our way back home from a week of camping this was our finale to a week of beach fun.  One year we saw the Beach Boys and it was so much fun so we all agreed that this artist was a must see. Before the concert I took the 3 girls to roam around and play some games. Talia did the giant slide with no fear and then all 4 of us attempted the huge adult slide, I freaked out, not going to lie. We had to try the jumbo corn dog, pretzel and corn on the cobb. I think I gained 15 lbs that night. Some of the kids exhibits were a fun time, we saw animals and hands on wood toys that were fun to play with . Before the concert started I got a upsetting phone call from Jake that Grandpa went to the hospital due to chest pains, Cindy and her sisters went to the hospital and we stayed behind and waited to hear from them. Joe showed up with Amanda and it was really great to see them, they were able to help me out to get the kids back to the car. Funny story that happened during the concert and I chuckling still to this day over....Laura during the concert asked me when the show would be over. I was a little confused because I thought she might be tired and was ready to go. When I told her that I thought it was done at 9pm she had a weird look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and with with the funny Laura come back she said "Talia, she peeded on me. It's running down my leg. I feel it going thru my underwear right now." I was laughing so hard I was crying, poor Laura. She is such a wonderful person and she took that like a champ with no complaint, I love how great of an aunt she is and I'm so grateful for her in our lives.

No comments: