Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stagecoach 2012

BTW...I don't have a beer in my hands, Tim is holding two cups lol....
Now this was a fun weekend! I don't think I've laughed...danced or sang as much as I did this weekend. I've never even heard of stagecoach till we met Jakes boss Tim, he was our guide to the country events that are a blast to attend. We met so many people and ran into people we knew as well. I was nervous that this was going to be a not so exciting event and there was going to be crazy fights due to the alcohol and people....but that was not the case. Sure there was drinking but I've never seen so many people get along and smile. I had random girls come up and dance with our group and hang out. Jake's friend Mike ran into us and it became a Lineman reunion. This guy had me laughing all night, he kept pointing to the crowd and telling me that "these are all my friends." He dated my sister like 6 years ago and Jake and I were teasing him telling him that he turned my sister gay...he just kept saying "I can fix that." I think Jake almost peed his pants when he heard that. Mike is such happy down to earth guy, him and his date hung out with us for the two nights we were there. Jake's brother Joe and his friends showed up to join the fun. Jake's brother is one of my best friends, he has always been there for me and my family and is always willing to lend a helping hand when I'm overwhelmed.
During our second night Jake, Tim, Erica and I went to a restaurant in Palm Springs called Hamburger Mary's  where I made Jake take a picture with the statue....later that day we found out it was a gay bar...hahaha awesome!
I'm truly happy that I got to spend time with my husband and have our time together, we don't get to do it much and seriously when we do we feel lost without our four kids. I love that Jake can make me smile, he can read my mind and take time out to tell me he loves me. I can't wait to hopefully do this again next year with him and create more memories.

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

WHat a fun tradition that would be. And how great to be able to get away, just you two, and remember what it was like to "date".