Monday, September 3, 2012

Not fun

Not how I wanted to end my Sunday night but a trip to the ER was on our list today. Kaelyn was complaining about a small pimple on the back of her leg, I looked at it 3 days ago and it was really nothing. I cleaned it with alcohol and she went on her way, then today she said "mom can you look at it, it hurts a bit." Sure enough the area around it was hard and it was infected. Since Jake got MRSA earlier in the year I went into freak me out mode. So I called the doctors office and they advised me to go in. Thank goodness for my mother in-law, she came right over and I went to Panorama City ER, Kaelyn was the amazing patient, she had the biggest smile on her face and every RN, Pharmacist or doctor that talked to her was her new best friend. The doctor took a culture and sent us home with antibiotics, on our way home we "needed" a chocolate shake from In-n-Out because according to grandma, chocolate makes it better.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

SHUT UP - I'm so sorry that's how you ended your weekend. But seriously, she's so fricken cute.

Unknown said...

What?! How did I not hear about this!!! So glad she's ok. Hope it was just a bug bite.