Sunday, September 23, 2012

On my mind

We took it easy today after church today because we were all burnt out. They say Sunday should be a day of rest but with 4 kids I don't think that it's possible. I was able to attend Relief Society today and it was really nice to sit there and listen for a change and get something out of church. I teach in primary and my Sundays were always teaching and holding kids down. Now I switch off with my friend Lauren in teaching and I really like it. Baby Jake went to nursery and cried for a second and then got use to his surroundings. In Relief Society they talked about how a mother will be held accountable before God on how you raised your children, they are free to make their own choices but you need to be that positive influence and guide them and take care of them. It was a great topic to listen to and what made it more interesting was that Jakes cousin Rachel and I had that same conversation on this topic the day before.
After our dinner settled Jake and I took the kids for a walk and on our way back I got to had with Talia, I was able to  sing with her and talk with her for a bit. I asked her about school and what she liked about it, she told me she likes Mrs. Cindy and all the crafts she gets to do. As we kept walking she told me I needed another baby and it was suppose to be a girl, after I laughed that off and said N...O, I asked her how many kids she wanted when she got married and has a family. She proceeded to tell me 5 and said she wants 6 boys and 5 girls. One of the boys needs to be named Cory! I asked her how she was going to afford so many kids, she said that her husband would go to work with daddy. I asked if she was going to work and she said "No, I will stay home". I know Jake was listening to the whole conversation and was enjoying every minute. I believe that children do follow the examples of their parents, the kids do get to make their own decisions but they get a lot of their attitude from their parents. I pray that my kids follow in the footsteps that Jake and I lead, I want to be a good example for my children and I think I am hard on them but I will ALWAYS be fair to them. I have recently have had a great conversation with another ward member about what her mother did to raise all of her children and I was just to impressed to hear how she raised her 10 children and how well they are doing.  My friend went on to say that her mother is helping others to achieve their goals and how active she is in their lives. I love hearing from different mothers and getting advice on how to do my best in guiding my four kids.

No comments: