Saturday, September 22, 2012

Young Women

At church a few weeks ago I was approached by one of the YW leaders and asked to come to mutual because one of the YW voted that I was someone who inspired them. At first I was like is this a trick....I don't know anyone in YW who likes me or knows me that well.....Are they trying to surprise the September birthday woman. So much went through my head and I kinda let it go, then I got an email to remind me and I started to over think it again. I don't like center of attention and I was freaking out. They told me it was I was just going to have to answer questions about being a mother. I still didnt know who "this girl" who looked up to me was.
When I met with the YW leader she told me that Melanie Barron was the girl who was asked to find someone in the ward that she admired other than her mother. I got tears in my eyes and quickly had to shake it off because I didn't know I impressed her or others for that matter, I just act myself with no strings attached. Melanie stood up and told the class why she admired me and one of the things she said was that I'm easy to talk to and that I can make people laugh. During the class I answered questions that had to do with scenarios and what I would do in certain situations.
It was really a great night and I have to say Melanie is such a beautiful girl inside and out. I admire her mother and what an amazing job she does raising her daughter.

No comments: