
Grandpa Craven is a stud! I love this man, he is so fun to talk with and always has a story. He just recently had a stroke and is at Henry Mayo in ICU. I was really bothered by the news and have thought about his much more ever since. Jake went to the hospital the other day to visit him and Jake said that his grandfather kept asking for me. It pulled at my heart strings and I was going to visit regardless but I knew I needed to go that day. When I went to his room I was greeted with a big old smile. I told him that if he wanted me to visit he didn't have to come to the hospital I would of took him to lunch instead. Joe and his girlfriend were at the hospital visiting already so it was nice to see he was not alone. I feel that loved ones should not be alone when they are at a hospital! We talked for a while, I had him laughing so hard that he was coughing too hard to catch his breath so I backed up a bit haha.
He told me that he was at dinner when it happened and that he didn't remember the rest till he woke up at the hospital. I told him that he was partying WAY to much and it must of been a good party if he didn't remember it. I told him that I was going to get a pretty nurse to give him a sponge bath and he was lovin it! He kept telling me how he sneaks his dogs in the house and into his room (he's not allowed to have the dogs inside) and in the morning he opens the door and looks both ways to make sure he does not get caught. I told Joe he needed to go to the house and keep the tradition of the dogs sneaking in at night and grandpa loved the idea. Before I left I let him know I loved him and that I better not get a call from the nurses telling me he is running up and down the halls because the back of his gown is open for all to see. Anyways in all seriousness I pray he comes home, I'm very close to this man and love him so much!
1 comment:
Love you franny, you're such a good person. Give Speed a kiss from us.
Post a Comment