
My poor husband! I swear he is such a great man and he didn't deserve to go through this. Jake got MRSA and had to have surgery last night. We went in the morning thinking that he would just get another antibiotic IV and then he would go home. The doctor said that he needed to see an orthopedic doctor and that they will need to do surgery. We went from 9am to 7pm of waiting for Jake to get in surgery. Then at 8 they took him in, most of the nurses were really nice and helpful and I met one of the nursing teachers at COC, she offered great advice for my future in the field. When they took Jake to the operating room I felt my heart rip out of my chest. I didn't want to cry and worry him so I stayed pretty calm. This man is my life and I had to trust others to care for him, most know I just do things on my own and don't ask for the help so this was a hard one for me. I waited patiently in the waiting room and did some studying and talked to my friend Nicole as well as answering concerned texted from friends and family. The surgery went well and the doctor wants to keep him till wednesday which Jake is not happy with, he wanted to come home that night. When he was coming to I had to laugh because he opened his eyes and looked at his hand and said "What the hell, it was just my finger" then he would close his eyes and doze off and 2 mins later open his eyes look at his hand and say it again. My be some good drugs he got! I pray that he heals fast and is able to go back to his daily routine, Im grateful for the calls the help and the prayers everyone has given. oxox


2 comments:
Oh my goodness, fran! Tell Jake he's in our prayers and we hope he feels better soon!!!!
Awww it's so sad because seriously, he looks so out of place there! But I think his waking words are hilarious.
Post a Comment