Sunday, July 20, 2014
Summer Preceptorship
I went into this preceptorship thinking that I would learn the basics in nursing and get a few more things out of it. HA, I got more than I expected! I did 60 hours with my OB teacher Casey and I have to say it was worth it. I was able to work in the ICU and one day in the ER. ER was very busy and you need to be on your feet, what I didn't like is not knowing what was coming in that door. What I mean is that you have people barfing or with infections that are from an unknown cause you I would get exposed to it. I worry for my family because I don't want to bring anything home to them. ICU was great and sad at the same time. I saw a lot of people that were intubated with the good chance they were not going to survive. My teacher was very patient with me and guided me with every step. I became more confident and encouraged. Nursing is not a joke and the amount of knowledge they have is amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment